Counseling and Support Information for Students and Employees
Last updated April 11, 2008
April 16 Anniversary
Counselors from Cook Counseling Center and the university community will provide on-site counseling services from two tents on the Drillfield and at Cook Counseling Center.
- Wednesday, April 16: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Cook Counseling Center, McComas Hall:
- Wednesday, April 16: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. (walk-in; no 4/16 group)
- Thursday, April 17: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (walk-in)
- Friday, April 18: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (scheduled appointments)
Students: For additional counseling support, please contact Cook Counseling Center at 231-6557, or 231-6444 after hours.
Faculty and Staff: For additional counseling support for faculty or staff, please contact Employee Relations at 231-9331.
Counseling and Support Resources for Faculty and Staff
- Faculty, staff, and dependents covered by VT health insurance always have full access to counseling referral through ValueOptions, our EAP provider.
> Call 866-725-0602 anytime – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
> You will be referred to a local counselor for an appointment
- Counselors are available to meet with departments and workgroups at their offices or other convenient locations by appointment. Contact 231-9331 to request this service.
Counseling Resources for Students
- Cook Counseling Center, McComas Hall – 231-6557
> Counseling services for graduate and undergraduate students – No charge
> Individual and group psychotherapy services
> Groups forming for students coping with trauma – call for information
> After hours emergency number – 231-6444
Other Counseling Resources
- Mental Health Association of the New River Valley – (540) 951-4990. Provides referrals to local counselors. (no student services)
- New River Valley Community Services Board – (540) 961-8400. (no student services)
- Psychological Services, Department of Psychology – (540) 231-6914. Non-emergency counseling/therapy is provided to students and to faculty, staff, and/or family members. There is a fee for service.
- Family Therapy Center, Human Development Department – (540) 231-7201. Non-emergency services are provided to students, faculty, and staff. There is a fee for service.
For more information
- Human Resources and Benefits –231-9331 – www.hr.vt.edu
- Employee Relations –231-9331
- Work/Life Resources –231-3213 – www.worklife.vt.edu
- ADA Services –231-4638
- Cook Counseling Service – 231-6557 or 231-6444 after hours
- Dean of Students Office – 231-3787
- VT Office of Recovery and Support – 231-0062
- Police Tip Line –232-TIPS