Ongoing support resources
Updated Friday, June 1, 2007
For students, faculty, staff, and their families
- Faculty, staff, and dependents covered by VT health insurance always have full access to counseling referral through ValueOptions, our EAP provider.
- Call 1-866-725-0602 anytime – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You will be referred to a local counselor for an appointment.
- Counselors remain available to meet with departments and workgroups at their offices or other convenient locations by appointment. Contact 540/231-7772 to request this service.
- For student counseling support, contact Cook Counseling Center at 540/231-6557 or www.ucc.vt.edu.
Additional resources and information for faculty, staff, and families are available at http://www.virginiatech.healthandperformancesolutions.net/ and http://www.hr.vt.edu/supportresources.
For more information
- Human Resources and Benefits – 540/231-9331 – www.hr.vt.edu
- Employee Relations – 540/231-7772
- Work/Life Resources – 540/231-3213 – www.worklife.vt.edu
- ADA Services – 540/231-4638
- Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund – 1-800-533-1144
- Police tip line – 540/231-6411
- For additional information concerning community resources and counseling:
- Mental Health Association of the New River Valley – 540/951-4990
- New River Valley Community Services Board – 540/961-8421